A Message From the CEO
COVID-19 – Our Commitment to You
Dear South Park Telephone Customer,
The health and safety of South Park Telephone customers and employees is our highest priority. As we continue to actively monitor developments related to coronavirus (COVID-19) we want to assure you that South Park Telephone is taking all necessary health and safety precautions in accordance with the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and local and state health officials.
Our network and communications services are vital to the customers and communities we serve to help keep you informed, but also allowing the social distancing required to slow down the spread of the virus. Our work is essential to protecting public health and we have plans in place to continue to provide these services for the communities where we live and work. We are part of this community.
We are being thoughtful about our policies and approach to managing employee interactions with customers and each other, and are adhering to guidelines and recommendations from the CDC. We are working with national and local authorities, including our local school districts, to provide continuity of critical services. Our management team is focused on contingency planning to maintain our services at a high level and have taken the following steps:
- Maintaining Network Reliability: Our advanced communications network will ensure that our customers – including government offices, first responders, health care facilities, and businesses – across our service area maintain the connectivity they rely on. The network is built to sustain maximum capacity during peak usage which is typically in the evenings, so a surge during the day will still be well within the network’s capabilities to manage.
- Community Assistance: You are important to us. We’re committed to serving our customers and ensuring you have and we maintain reliable access to the online resources and information. To ease the strain in this challenging time, we commit to the following:
- We will offer a number of connection options for students and teachers, including reduced Internet programs and free installation.
- We’ll partner with school districts to make sure local communities are aware of these tools to help students learn remotely.
- Customer and Employee Safety: We’re continually educating our staff on best practices, such as proper hygiene and social distancing and are regularly disinfecting our trucks and equipment. Employees who feel ill have been instructed not to report to work. Our technicians who conduct in-home customer visits will only be dispatched to customer homes if they are healthy. Where our installation and service work can be performed outside the home or business, we will complete our work without customer contact.
- Lobby: For your safety and for the safety of our employees we have temporarily closed our lobby spaces. Payment drop box service is still available.
We understand that all of us play important roles in our communities during situations like this. We want you to know that we’re committed to doing our very best to support our customers, employees and communities throughout this challenging time.
As always, thank you for being a South Park Telephone Customer.
CEO of USConnect